Jade Monks Cloth 4 x 4 Weave Swedish Huck Weaving James Thompson Yard Fabric
JAMES THOMPSON MOSAIC JADE MONKS CLOTH
4 X 4 WEAVE - 8 COUNT - 58/60" WIDE
SOLD BY THE YARD
Monk's Cloth is an evenweave fabric used in Swedish Huck Weaving (a type of embroidery) and other evenweave projects. The fabric has a loose basket weave through which you weave threads over and under to create design. Fabric is cut to order in a single piece from the bolt.
- 4 x 4 weave
- 8 Count
- 100% Cotton
The cloth was popular in the 1940's to make towels, pillows, linens, afghans, traditional swedish dresses and more. It is enjoying a resurgence today with the popularity of Swedish Huck Weaving. The cloth derives it's name from the cloth monk's used to make their habits centuries ago.
Approximate amounts needed for projects:
- Adult afghan - 2.25 to 2.5 Yards
- Child or small adult afghan - 2 Yards
- Baby or toddler blanket - 1.5 Yards
- Table Runner - 1/2 Yard
Care and use instructions:
- Trim to project size on straight of grain
- Machine stitch along both ends to prevent unravelling (before prewash)
- Stitching should be approx. 2.5" from cut edge - unravel edge for fringe
- Preshrink in hot water - do not agitate or wash - spin out excess water
- Dry in hot dryer
- It is now ready for weaving
|Product Name||Monk's Cloth|
Jade Monks Cloth 4 x 4 Weave Swedish Huck Weaving James Thompson Yard Fabric reviews
Be the first to write a review of this product!